Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Madagascar! so it's there!

Oh! yes recently I discovered Madagascar exists! I have seen sneak preview and promos of Madagascar in TV and in internet. So, I thought, maybe its a fictional South African country populated by amazing and enormous wild animals. But, turned out to be real, when my friend from Mauritius said, 'My country lies next to Madagascar' to my other friend (while they were making acquaintances). So I was like, oh hell there's real country Madagascar. It's not like I hadn't taken Geography in my school. In fact I had even memorized all the countries' name and their capital cities for exam. But, it seemed Madagascar as a country never existed, not even in my sub-consciousness.
Such situations, always makes me blame my school teachers (poor them) and the whole education system. If they had taught me other way, more practically, then I would have remember everything for long or if they have taught me something practical then I would have done better in my life. When I see college drop-outs at top, I smirk at the education system. But, do I stand right? My brother, who is now going to start his senior high says, I am wrong. His logics are simple. First, You should be responsible for your own action. They taught you and you forget, now you can't blame them. Second, college drop-outs who do good are one in a million. So you can't really compare  the whole education system with some lucky exceptions.
He seems right. Blaming or going simply against education system won't solve anything. You yourself have to be responsible. Comparing with others won't take you anywhere. You have to be yourself and appreciate of who you are.
Well, yeah! Madagascar is there located in Indian Ocean and now you know it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment